Perhaps one of the oldest marketing methods, leaflet distribution is still used today. Yet, many businesses are still unaware as to leaflet distribution methods they should be using. There is also the worry that potential customers do not look at the leaflet distributed to them. There are services world-wide assisting businesses with leaflet distribution, such as leaflet distribution in Hertfordshire.
Direct Marketing Association (DMA) has researched the statistics of leaflet distribution:
- 62% of individuals take no notice of TV advertisements. Most people will mute advertisements, change the channel to avoid them or leave the room to perform quick tasks such as making a drink or going to the toilet. Similarly, 81% of people skim past adverts in magazines and newspapers.
- Up to 79% of recipients keep leaflets or pass them on to a friend who may be interested in the services offered. 78% of individuals skim through the information posted to them.
- 48% of consumers visit businesses they have received leaflets for, with even more requesting extra information or purchasing a product after receiving leaflets. This is slightly higher than the 47% of consumers responding to TV advertising.
- 71% of consumers believe that samples, coupons and offers are useful for finding a service suiting their needs. 63% believe that money-off coupons encourage them to purchase products, and 47% of consumers believe that leaflets about new products make them more likely to purchase a product.
- 38% of flyers are kept for 2-4 days, and 13% are kept for over a week. However, money-off flyers, providing discount or a promotion of some sort are 50% more likely to be kept.
Leaflet distribution in Essex is an amazing marketing strategy. It provides a lot of benefits for the company running the campaign. Leaflet distribution is cost efficient while generating high impact to the consumers. It creates a buzz and enhance the image and reputation of the company as it gathers the interest of the market. However, just like any other marketing campaigns, leaflet distributions should be done properly in order to take full advantage of its marketing potential. And more often than not, those running leaflet distributions would barely get satisfying results from the campaign. Here are some useful tips to maximize leaflet distribution campaigns.
- Trial run – It is not efficient to run large scale leaflet distribution right away. It is important to check its potential while looking for errors before starting the campaign. The best way to approach a new leaflet distribution campaign is to conduct a trial run. Trial run in a small area or sample size can provide important data that will help you maximize the effects of the campaign.
- Solo campaign – It is not only your company that will be running a leaflet distribution campaign. There will be around 10 similar companies running a marketing campaign at the same time. Since leaflets are handed to the customers whether at the public places or their homes, the distributor must make sure that the customer will not be getting the leaflet along with other leaflets. When such situation occurs, most of the time the leaflet will go directly to the trash. If the leaflet is received by the customer in solo, there is a high chance that the leaflet will be read or stored for later use.
- Timing – Timing is important for running a leaflet distribution campaign. It should be in season or the incentives should be trending during the campaign. Also the campaign should be run in a period where few or no competitor is running a similar leaflet distribution campaign. This will increase the effects of leaflet distributions compared to when the market has alternative campaigns which the customer can choose from.
- Leaflet distribution agency – Hiring a leaflet distribution agency is the best way to maximize your campaign. They have experts in creative design, leaflet templates and market research which greatly increase the success of leaflet distribution while being cost and time efficient at the same time. With their help, you can be sure that the message and purpose of the campaign will get through to your customers.
Now you have several ways to maximize your leaflet distribution campaign.
Tomorrow (April 21st) is a big day in digital marketing as Google rolls out it’s big Mobile Algorithm update. Gareth Bull has tipped us off about this awesome infographic below.
A fantastic infographic from the guys at EmailOctopus with 10 steps to write a perfect email.
Business coaching is an important part of any successful business. If you invest time in coaching your team now, it can save you a lot of time in the future. You can get them to take more responsibility through some easy coaching tips instead of using all your energy telling them how to solve problems and what to do. This can eventually allow you to hand over more work and concentrate on planning and the strategic issues in front of your department.
1. You need to be clear about the objective. One of the aims of business coaching is to make them better at their job. What we need to do is to focus our attention on those areas that will give us the best return. You need to pick one objective and start with that because it is always easier for a person to concentrate on one thing at a time. You need to sit down with your colleagues and specifically discuss what you are looking for. You need to specify how long you expect that induction would take, the areas you want it to cover and when do you want it ready by. Those coaching tips that you will give will reflect in the final results.
2. You need to get them to think. After you have set the parameters of the objective, you need to ask them to spend some time to come up with their own ideas for how they will achieve it. You need to tell them that it is only idea and you will be happy if they carry out research before they come back to you to discuss it. You need to set the date for the first review and you need to stick to it.
3. You need to be a good listener. When they express their ideas, make sure that you are listening to all their ideas and do not pass any judgment on their ideas. You need to give them more time to express themselves (even if they pause to think) with the ideas they come up with. A good business coach must be a very good listener.
4. You need to check their motivation. While you are listening to them you need to observe their body language and tone of voice in order to judge their levels of motivation for the task. You need to see if they are enthusiastic about doing it. If they are not, check how they are feeling. Part of business coaching is helping to raise the confidence level and enthusiasm of every member which is involved.
5. Try to tie them down. On the way to the end of the business coaching session, check their next actions and when they offer they can complete it by. You need to help them to set a realistic goal and book in your next discussion. You need to provide encouragement for delivering the right results. Now, you can watch how your team is developing more and more every day.
Recently I went on some NLP Coaching Courses (Toby & Kate) which gave me skills to better influence people in behaviours, communication and goals, so I would recommend going on one of them to further develop your coaching skills.Read More
The World Wide Web is a tool with never-ending limits. Today it is more practical than ever before to create and maintain a business. We can easily say that online business is easier now than before, much easier. You just need to know right tools and how to work and you will be successful. With the enormous amount of information on the Internet and users mainly having the control to view precisely what they want, so getting your product in front of potential customers can be challenging for you. We are going to show you a few tips in order to develop a successful online marketing strategy. So, let’s start:
1. You need to know your market. If you don’t have a defined audience, your marketing approach will never be successful. You need to figure out your target market first, before you spend a dime on marketing. You don’t need to pay a lot of money to hire a fancy market research firm. You should be able to understand your market yourself if you know your product. Let’s give you an example – who is more interested in your product, men or woman? What are your customer’s interests? What is their age group? What is their possible financial situation? After you have built a thorough profile of your customer, you need to determine where and how is easier to reach them. This step could take a short time, and that’s totally ok. You will likely be wasting your money in places that will never reach your customer, if you start marketing before you have a clear customer profile.
2. You need to set and reset your goals. You need to find out what you are looking to gain from online marketing. Increased revenue? Increased awareness? Maybe you will have multiple goals, but continue to track of what they are so you can measure your success. This means that when you reach your primary goals, you need to set new goals in order to your company can continue to improve.
3. You need to set a budget. After you have set goals and you know who your target market is, you need to plan your budget according to that. You can be successful even when on a tight budget and that is the good thing about online marketing. Many platforms are available at no charge. Sticking only with free forms of online marketing maybe is not the best strategy for your company. You need to determine carefully what outlets are mainly necessary for your product and you need to be willing to spend some money to get results.
4. You need to brand yourself. You need to set yourself apart from the competition. Do not forget that there is beside yourself, thousands of companies that are trying to sell products on the Internet. This is why you need to make your brand unforgettable. Begin with your website. Your domain name should be your company’s name. You should consider changing your name to one that will not be easily confused with another product, if there are other companies online with names that are similar to yours. It is up to you the way you want your brand to be viewed by customers. Once you figure it out you need to be consistent and stick with it. Strong social media presence is important here and having a professional website, but you should take the time to interact with potential customers and build relationships with them as well.Read More
In today’s world business have more ways than ever to market themselves. But it can be difficult to decide on a marketing method, especially when you are a mid-sized or small business with a limited resources and small budget. Although social media marketing is mostly free it can be time-consuming. Also, the same goes for blogging. While digital advertising and traditional print advertizing can be expensive.
So the question is which marketing channels are the best for small business? Let us start with the first one:
Blogging is one of the best marketing strategies for a small business. You can provide to your clients, prospects with informative content which you can post on your blog and promote it socially and also offer to other networks to supplement their strategy. This means that your team and you can establish yourself quickly, as experts in desired field. It can positively impact your search engines. If you do blogging three times per week, you will definitely increase your the ability of your website to be found on SEO (search engines). This means that more you blog – more traffic you will get from Google, Bing and Yahoo. . . this can happen because you are adding a fresh content to your site. Blogging can be one of the best marketing tools ever found! By contributing with useful content for your blog, you could expand your reach and show off your knowledge.
2. Leverage social media
If you didn’t start using social media for your small business, now is the time. Social media produce double the marketing leads of telemarketing, trade shows or direct mail. Social media can be overwhelming. You should choose one social media platform – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ – which will engage your customers, industry leaders and prospects the most. And you need to start building a presence there. As soon as you set up your account you need to start sharing your original content, engage with the community and joining discussions. You need to keep your social efforts frequent, helpful and relevant to your audience.
3. Create Facebook page and use facebook advertising
The most important marketing tool for any business to use – is Facebook – especially for a small business. Research showed that Americans spend one out of every six minutes on social media, which can provide you a great opportunity to build relationship wit fans by sharing relevant content and you need to interact in comments. You need to interact more with a page, so your friends can see it. Also you should consider facebook advertizing. It is impossible to miss the ads because they would appear in the news feed. It can be very effective with local clients, because there is no waste as with traditional media.
4. Post to Instagram and Pinterest
You should regularly post images on Instagram or Pinterest if you are selling a highly value products or service. Posting is free on both platforms – and both platforms have a large followings, especially among women.
Implementing a SEO strategy is crucial for online success, hire an SEO company locally to carry this out for you. SEOEssex.co are a market leading Search Engine Optimisation company and have a high rating on local directories.Read More